Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday

Today would have been my mother's birthday. It doesn't seem at all like it's been almost a year since she passed away. I know I've written several times about her in the past year, and there's not really anything new to add to what has already been said, but I needed to post. I needed to say - "this day my mother would have been 73 years old".

I wish I had some sort of larger than life way to celebrate her life. I had planned on just spending the day in reflection though that's how I've spent every day since the last day I was with her.... Well, let me amend that - I've spent every day since that day in reflection and tears.

I know that life goes on and though I want to write in more detail about how I really feel I know that I've said it all before. Instead of reflecting upon her loss I want to honor her. I hope to spend today doing things that would have made her happy. I'll face the memories, hopefully this time it will be without the tears.

JoAnn6 scan0008 scan0006aa 100_0101

 

My Step Out to Fight Diabetes Page - http://main.diabetes.org/goto/t_dewitt

No comments: